Blog Header

Blog Header

Monday, January 19, 2015

TCM Remembers

I think 2014's Turner Classic Movie's Remembers was one of the best they have done. This is their annual tribute piece to all the actors, actresses, directors, cinematographers, producers, etc., who have passed in that year. Using Kodaline's "All I Want" certainly added to the poignancy of this year's tribute.  Kodaline, from Ireland, is my new favorite group too.   For me, the most touching moments were: hearing Humphrey Bogart saying, "I'll be waiting" to Lauren Bacall's character; seeing James Garner walking alone down the road in a scene from Grand Prix; and at the end when Shirley Temple sings a line from Auld Lang Syne.  From the comments on You Tube, I wasn't alone in crying when that came on. I'm a huge fan of old movies and Turner is most often the channel my TV is set to--either that or HGTV and sometimes PBS. As far as I'm concerned the movies of the 1930s and the 1940s were the best and the stars of that era were the brightest.  With a few exceptions, we will never see their like again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDUHFso6Uk

2 comments:

How Sam Sees It said...

I love some of the dog movies from that era - no CGI, no dramatic special effects.

The video was beautiful.

Monty and Harlow

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Excellent video. The old movies have a much better stories then the current lot.

Sherman